Re: Europa-List: Re: Rectifier-Regulator 91X

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Rectifier-Regulator 91X
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:32:49

BEBERRY@aol.com a crit :
> Gilles I bought the aeroplane nearly built (owner and builder had a
> brain tumour) so had no control over some aspects but could make
> alterations if you think inside firewall would be better. (this is not
> a Eurpoa recommendation)
>
> Patrick
Patrick,

Understand.
To make things clearer, I would like to point out that our project is
not a Europa, but an MCR 4S. Nevertheless the engine is a 914.
Concerning Europa electrical recommendations, I don't know why they
elected to install the delicate turbo control unit on the engine side,
contrary to the Rotax recommendations.
For your peace of mind, all 914 MCRs have the TCU on the cabin side, and
all of them ( about 300 flying) have the regulator in the cabin.

Regards,
Gilles
http://contrails.free.fr