RE: Europa-List: Trigear Flap Drive

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Trigear Flap Drive
From: G-IANI <giani@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 09:38:57
G-IANI has the old (pre 2001) flap drive motor.  Over the last two weeks
this has become first temperamental then stopped completely.  The wiring
and switch all checked out fine and it started working again.  This
lasted about 10 flap cycles.  After this failure I removed the motor
cover and found the commutater and brushes oily and carbon covered.
Cleaning this up and replacing everything had it working again for about
10 cycles but it has now stopped again.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

If so how did you fix the problem?  Is it practical to rebuild the
motor?

Can we still get spares for this motor or a replacement motor?

Does anyone have an unused old type flap motor spare.

If you have to fit the new flap drive are there any special problems
with this?

Any help would be appreciated as we would like to be flying in this good
weather.

Ian Rickard  #505 G-IANI XS Trigear
Europa Club Mods Rep (Trigear)
e-mail mods@europaclub.org.uk