Europa-List: 914 Engine connections

Subject: Europa-List: 914 Engine connections
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:50:45

Cheers,
            first, thanks to Ivor Phillips and Jim Butcher for having
replied to my cry for help. I am continually confused by what appears to be
conflicting instructions and provided hardware.
(1)            On page 4-7 of the 914 manual sits Fig.8, a shot of the air
filter chamber. It shows a routing of the turbo wastegate cable but which
item is covered by braid. Is this a required item, or a one-off experiment.
If the braid is suggested where does it say so, and what then the size/part
no. of the applicable grommet and provided hole?
(2)            The second paragraph refers to the routing of the oil
breather hose needing continuous draining, and suggests it vents close to
the air filter so the oil will be re-ingested.  It then says that it would
otherwise run down the fuselage....... and perhaps get onto the brake disc.
Where did you put this fascinating little item?

Ferg Kyle
Europa A064 914 Classic