Europa-List: Shaw Joins Liberty Aerospace

Subject: Europa-List: Shaw Joins Liberty Aerospace
From: Paul Sweeting <europa@percyville.plus.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 14:35:29

Well rumoured seems the deal has now been finally done:
http://www.libertyaircraft.com/news/news.php?id=115

Cheers
Paul Sweeting. Kits 558&575

Shaw Joins Liberty Aerospace
June 22, 2006

MELBOURNE, FL USA (June 22, 2006) -- Liberty Aerospace, manufacturer of the
FAA certified XL2 aircraft, announces the appointment of Ivan Shaw as Head
of European Operations. Shaw will manage the sales and product support
infrastructure covering the European continent.

The appointment of Mr. Shaw represents a bit of a homecoming for both he and
Liberty. Shaw is well known in Europe as having led the original design team
of both the Liberty XL2 and its predecessor the Europa, one of the
best-selling aircraft kits of all time. I am delighted to be bringing the
aircraft back to Europe, which we see as a major market for the Liberty XL2
in the flying clubs and private ownership. Beyond Shaws well-known
aircraft design background, he is a member of the Society of Experimental
Test Pilots and was a commercial pilot for a regional airline in Great
Britain.

Liberty Aerospace CEO, Mr. Anthony Tiarks said, We are excited to welcome
Ivan into this new role. He is a well respected aviation professional whose
knowledge of the aircraft and experience in the aviation industry will be a
great asset to us as we start to move our focus into Europe and onto the
rest of the world. Ivan will establish our footprint from our new office in
Denmark, fully equipped with demonstrator aircraft for trial flights, added
Tiarks.

Based in Melbourne, Florida, Liberty Aerospace, Inc. designs, manufactures,
markets and supports General Aviation aircraft and is the Type Certificate
holder for the Liberty XL2. The XL2 aircraft is an IFR certified aircraft
that meets the specific requirements of clubs and flying schools while
offering the private owner/operator a first class touring aircraft. It is
the only production aircraft powered by a piston engine equipped with a full
authority digital engine control (FADEC), simplifying power management and
providing greatly increased levels of safety, reliability and
maintainability. The aircrafts modular design greatly reduces the cost of
routine maintenance and repairs, and features a carbon fiber composite
fuselage, a wide 48-inch cabin and cruise speeds of up to 132 knots (150 mph
or 244 kph), burning only 5 US gallons (19 liters) per hour.