Europa-List: Dilemma(s)

Subject: Europa-List: Dilemma(s)
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 17:55:39

Cheers,
            .....installing the coolant rad and the oil cooler :
        I took the opportunity to lower the oil cooler the suggested 2
inches. If you did this, what parts did you order?   I note a suggestion
that the bent tube on one side should be replaced by a 'straight' tube but
the ones supplied by Rotax are too short and the nipple ends up inside the
duct - where it would be difficult to clamp it with the cooler in place.
What have I done wrong?
        The 914 installation manual seems to leave a lot of the details out.

            On another bent, the manual suggests the cooling duct which
slides down twixt the footwells may be attached to the inside walls by means
of a -3 bolt and an MS 21042-3 anchor nut "installed in reverse".  I can't
seem to imagine the arrangement..... Can someone enlighten me please?
Happy landings
Ferg Kyle
Europa A064 914 Classic