Europa-List: Re: T-Bar questions?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: T-Bar questions?
From: SteveD <Post2Forum@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 19:09:26

1) How much clearance between T-Bar and drive horns (side to side) you
leave?
When my stabilators on on and pinned they are on the pins all the way.

2) Has anyone installed some sort of tension-er to prevent vibration of
this side to side clearance? (perhaps a 3/4 pound #10 round nose plunger)
I have no side to side clearance when Stabilators are installed

3) When making the stabilators work, in either positive or negative angle
of attack, is the aerodynamic force pulling the tips of the stabilators
forward? (like the tips of wings are pulled forward)
Don't know....

4) Has anyone bent or broken the antiservo drive pin/horn by perhaps a
bird strike, someone pushing on the stabilator backwards, perhaps because there
was not enough side to side clearance?
There was some trouble with early drive pins and a mandatory mod was released.

6) Anyone use anti critter covers for this slot?
Yes, See: http://www.europaowners.org/BirdHole
The bottom is also shaped like ^ so it won't allow water in or to pool.

Steved
Visit EuropaOwnersForum http://www.europaowners.org/