Europa-List: Which tyre to use on a Monowheel ?

Subject: Europa-List: Which tyre to use on a Monowheel ?
From: flyingphil2 <ptiller@lolacars.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:51:36

Hello,

I'm rebuilding a monowheel and am working on the main undercarriage.

I have 2 brand new tyres and am wondering which is the best one to use.  The
first
is a 7.00-6 Air-Trac (6 ply).  The second is a 8.00-6 Air-Hawk (6 ply) tyre.
I note that the Air Hawk is supposedly a better quality tyre than the Air-Trac
but the Air-Trac is the one that Europa supply.

So, the question is which size is best and which type?  The aircraft when
finished
will have a basic fixed pitch Warp Drive prop on and will be used for general
flying off grass and tarmac.  I would like an aircraft that copes well with
rough farm strips too.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Phil
Visit EuropaOwnersForum http://www.europaowners.org/