Europa-List: RE: TWO questions?

Subject: Europa-List: RE: TWO questions?
From: Alan Burrows <alan@kestrelinsurance.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:39:15

Hi Everyone

Anyone intending to go to North Weald this weekend? It promises to be a
great weekend have a look at  www.air-britainflyin.co.uk. Kate and I
will be their Saturday afternoon and leaving Sunday afternoon.

           And now the other question ...........

Who was the flash **** that took off from Blackpool about lunchtime on
Saturday?  I was on VERY short finals when air traffic cleared a Europa
to line up and depart runway 13 right in front of me. Now being a cool
sort of a guy, I didn't panic, I just accepted the inevitable " were all
going to die" At this point I must confess I was flying my Rockwell
Commander and have never seen a Europa from this angle before ( I'm
usually flying one). I couldn't believe how quickly it left the ground,
even after 3 yrs of flying my trigear, I am still amazed at the
performance of this little beauty. But to actually be behind and above
one gives you a whole new perception of the take off performance. I
swear it left the runway after no more than 30 mtrs and climbed ahead of
me like a rocket. We passed each other at about 50 ft AGL with no risk
to either aircraft. Actually I couldn't have hit him if I had wanted to,
I just couldn't have got near him! Well done whoever you are.

Alan