Europa-List: Canaries Trip 17-26 September 2006

Subject: Europa-List: Canaries Trip 17-26 September 2006
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 16:38:58

      I am planning a Europa Club Fly Out to La Gomera in the Canaries,
starting on 17 September. I envisage flying about 500 nm a day (in 2 bites)
with stops in S. France, Spain & Morocco (Marakech) on the way down, and
Morocco, Gibraltar, Portugal and France on the way back. La Gomera is
relatively undeveloped island with interesting volcanic structure, with a
nice small and inexpensive airfield, near to a very pleasant and moderately
priced hotel, and I plan a 2 day stop there. We would need to island hop
---From Morocco along the Canaries chain, with the longest sea crossing about
53 nm. Getting permission to fly in Morocco is a bit tortuous, and there are
other issues to consider like extending insurance for those whose cover
doesn't already include the top left hand bit of Africa, so I need
expressions of interest by the end of June. The dates have been chosen to
fall outside the peak tourist season and to anticipate manageable ambient
temperatures. The finish date naturally depends on us not being held up by
adverse weather. The party size will be limited to 6 aeroplanes.
        Anyone interested contact me by email or phone 01454 260542
                              David Joyce, G-XSDJ