RE: Europa-List: 914 and firewall

Subject: RE: Europa-List: 914 and firewall
From: Rob Housman <robh@hyperionef.us>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 09:47:50

I have the 914 with the factory stainless steel "firewall" (quotes required
because the thing is so full of holes as to be useless in keeping flames out
of the tunnel - mod to follow) and found that the factory probably screwed
up on the aluminum ducting.  Unmodified, the aluminum duct must be deformed
in order to fit it between the footwells because it is wider than the space
available.  Since out kits were probably shipped at about the same time we
may have the same problem because the duct was made to the wrong size.  It
could also be that the fuselage is the culprit if the same firewall molding
was used in both the Classic and XS - I don't recall when the left footwell
was modified by the factory for additional legroom so we may not have the
same molding.

When I refit the duct I will have to disassemble the thing and "adjust" the
width.  It's either that or pound it in with a large hammer and hope I never
have to do remove the duct.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070