RE: Europa-List: 914 Fuel Flows

Subject: RE: Europa-List: 914 Fuel Flows
From: Simon Smith <jodel@nildram.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 19:58:37
Hi,

As I understand it, at full throttle, the TCU will control the wastegate
give 39.9in HG.

Rotax say that at 5800rpm and 39.9inHG the engine will burn 8.7us gph.

To burn more than 8.7gph the MP or the rpm must be higher or there is an
error in Rotax figures.

If the MP gauge is suspect, then for a gauge reading of 39.9inHG the
actual
MP must be higher (to give a higher FF) but this is unlikely if the
wastegate is being correctly controlled hence my comment thta the airbox
sensor/TCU must also be in error.
Of course, as others have pointed out, Rotax rpm gauges are notoriously
inaccurate so could this be the culprit?

Simon