Europa-List: Modular fuel system for 914?

Subject: Europa-List: Modular fuel system for 914?
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 04:11:15

Thx. to those who shared information with me on their 914 fuel systems.

After considering options, I am going with 2 Andir 375 Gasculators (larger
filter area compared to Mini) and  pumps series with bypass valves as per
Europa latest schematic. Instead of using  "T"s for inital split from 1
line to 2, and the last combine of 2 lines to 1, will use a "Y"s.

This plumbing arrangement can easily make for a real Rats nest that will
not be fun to replace hoses or components when needed.

I am thinking pretty hard about making a modular fuel system. Very simply
a piece of 1/8" plywood ~9.25" wide and ~ 18" long and mount all
components and plumbing to it. The only connection to aeroplane would be 1
incoming fuel line from selector, and 1 outgoing line going up front. This
modular fuel system would be removable with a few pieces of hardware and
come complete out through the Rear Bulkhead D panel. There would be a
flange on the baggage support ribs, and just aft of the ribs a box with
top missing on the floor of the fuse. The gasculators will be mounted to
the modular fuel system, and when all is in place the gascuators will be
inside the sealed box. There will be a hinged access door with a Hartwell
latch to allow easy cleaning of filters from outside the aeroplane that
exposes the inside of the box (2 gasculators).

Has anyone made a modular fuel system? Any pictures?

Any comments appreciated. (Please beat up, looking for any negatives)

Thx.
Ron Parigoris