RE: Europa-List: Door Pull

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Door Pull
From: nigel charles <nwcmc@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 23:51:46

>THE PASSENGER IS REQUESTED TO DO A VISUAL CHECK ON THE REAR OF MY
DOOR.
Of course the electrical verification is good gear but that ain't
anything to do with pulling the door,.......... on the other hand if you
are a .......contortionist!<

I am not prepared to rely on a passenger to check any aspect which will
affect flight safety. Maybe it is OK if your passenger is very familiar
but at the end of the day it is down to the pilot.

I would be more inclined to use the passenger to use the door pull on
the port door whilst I close it. I can then check that it is closed
either electrically or visually. My microswitches are very sensitive and
turn on the light even when the handle is only lifted 5mm. There action
is in effect tested every time the door is open or closed.

Nigel Charles