RE: Europa-List: 914 fuel burn needed

Subject: RE: Europa-List: 914 fuel burn needed
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 11:25:33

Ron,

I took the following data about a year ago.  It isn't an exact experiment
because I didn't hold a constant altitude.  The OAT varied from 30 degrees
to 19 degrees.

All the data was captured from my EIS over a one hour flight, the numbers
below are averages of samples, of around 3 or 4 minutes long.  I have no
data for 32,33 and 39"

Since then I have adjusted the needles in the carburetor to be leaner, and
the engine is a loosened up a lot.  One of these days I'll do another sample
and maybe do it for constant sets of altitude.

If you would like a copy of my EIS data dump let me know and I will send it
to you directly.

For take off
34" @ 5500 = 8.01 US Gal / hr

Various cruise settings at 5000 rpm.