Re: Europa-List: Carb heat mod - Oil Thermostat mod

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Carb heat mod - Oil Thermostat mod
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 08:43:56

Mike Parkin wrote:
> <mikenjulie.parkin@btopenworld.com>
>
>>> I will TRY and progress both oil and water but
>>> getting any reply, even confirmation that they have
>>> received a message, has been taking weeks recently.
>>>

>> They are overworked and too busy flying replica
>> Spitfires ! They are very slow to respond and
>> sometimes they don't. And the response to my query
>> has been shown in this case to be inaccurate.
>>
>> I refuse to goad myself into making any comment about
>> this.
>>
>> Richard
>

> Richard,
>
> I sympathise entirely with your frustration.  I have
> several versions of the same T-shirt.  Is there nothing
> we can do about the poor service offered by the PFA
> Engineering Dept.  Perhaps a complaint from the Europa
> club would be appropriate.  Is there any pressure we
> can bring to bear, or are they totally omnipotent -
> like Mr Blair.
>
> On the other hand, perhaps we malcontents are in the
> minority and most people in the Association are happy
> with the service provided - I don't think so though!!!
>
> What do think Dave Buzz/Jeremy.
>
> I am still very interested in the oilstat mod.
>
> regards,
>
> Mike

The point is that the oil stat is an approved mod, shown
as approved and can be put on with no reference to the
PFA, just signed off by a PFA inspector.

So the inefficiency of the PFA can be used against them !

If they are so inefficient that they make a decision, and
announce it, and then (allegedly) reverse it and don't
announce the reversal, leaving the original decison
published, how can they expect anyone who doesn't read
this forum know one way or the other.

I shall do this next week so long as my inspector is happy.
He has made no comment so far !

Richard