RE: Europa-List: 914 fuel burn needed

Subject: RE: Europa-List: 914 fuel burn needed
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 17:45:08

Thx. Paul for fuel flow info.

2 more curious questions:

1) On a 912S with 1 fuel flow transducer, the flow reading more than
doubles just before the motor quits when you run it out of fuel, is the
same true on the 914?

2) "I have adjusted the needles in the carburetor to be leaner" I know
Rotax keeps changing things, including the air-box. I know for certain on
my motor (not yet run, few months old) is configured that carbs use
different size main jets (~ less than #5 differance, think 2 or 3?), with
1 jet needle that has clip on the top notch (leanest) and the other 1 down
---From leanest. Did you follow Rotax paperwork to configure to their latest
recommendation before you began to diddle?

Main jet has most effect at full throttle, but has somewhat effect as less
Jet needle and needle jet effects most just less than full, I forget
exact, like 7/8 or 3/4 throttle. Taper of jet needle effects at lesser
throttle most.

I forget who posted about having higher EGTs (Near red-line) when reducing
throttle. A lean mixture will cause that. The 914 above 108% power plumbs
impact air from the airbox through solenoid to float bowls. At less than
108% the solenoid plumbs airbox pressure to the float bowls. It is
absolute critical there are no leaks or restrictions in this plumbing that
can drastic effect mixture. same goes for plumbing to fuel pressure
regulator.

If anyone else has 914/CS fuel flow, I would appreciate numbers.

Ron Parigoris