Re: RE: Europa-List: skydrive carb heater mod

Subject: Re: RE: Europa-List: skydrive carb heater mod
From: peter.rees05@ntlworld.com
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 10:40:04

Is there anything to apply for? I'm sure I'll get shot down in flames but the
way
that I (and my inspector) read the PFA document on the use of 'Approved for
all types' (TL3.07) document, the PFA don't need to be involved (though you need
to record it in your permit next permit application)

You just complete the PFA form SF9 from their website, fit the carb heat kit,
get
your inspector to sign the form and 'retain the completed form with the aircraft
documentation' (as it says on the form). And note the fitting in the engine
log book.

I included the fitting of the Mod in my very recent permit application together
with a copy of the SF9 - permit was back within about 3 days.

> From: "G-IANI" <g-iani@ntlworld.com>
> Date: 2005/12/23 Fri AM 09:38:39 GMT
> To: <europa-list@matronics.com>
> Subject: RE: Europa-List: skydrive carb heater mod
>

> The Skydrive Carb Heater kit is a PFA approved mod approved "All of Type".
> PFA have approved it at least twice under the numbers 10424 and 10951 (well
> it gives them something to do).
>
> In October I put in the application to convert it to a "Standard" mod (with
> improved documentation) and received the reply that this "will be considered
> over the winter".
>
> If you need a copy of the documentation let me know
>

> Ian Rickard  #505 G-IANI XS Trigear
> Europa Club Mods Rep (Trigear)
> e-mail mods@europaclub.org.uk
>    or direct g-iani@ntlworld.com