Re: Europa-List: Fuel sender etc.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel sender etc.
From: Michael Grass <M.Grass@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 10:43:48

Hi Paul, Hi Tony,

just a question regarding the pressure sensor. Do you mount the sensor at
the lowest point possible or above max fuel level. The reason for this
question is: If mounted above max fuel level then how would you detect a
small air leak over time on a fuel tank? I would see the tank going empty by
just some very tiny air leak. If you have the sensor at the bottom level:
How chemical resistant is the pressure sensor and what is the possibility
that the fuel varnish inside the tubes and the sensor and causes a blockage
with the worst kind scenario a full reading on an empty tank? I am part
owner on a C150 with auto fuel STC. When we got the plane the plane was
sitting for a while and the fuel varnished and gummed up all the drain
valves etc. Also a EAA member brought a piece of rubberized fuel line into
our meeting. The fuel line was totally destroyed by the mogas.

Thanks

Michael Grass
A266 Trigear Detroit
Top bonded on but wings not started yet