Europa-List: Fuel Gauges

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel Gauges
From: KARL HEINDL <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 15:02:32

Many thanks Ian and Graham. I am lookng for a simple solution, and wouldn't
even want to consider
making another tank opening. I already have an opening big enough to put my
arm in. I assume that the float type sensor works only with a vertical probe
? Or could it work with an angled probe like the Avelec ?
Maybe Tony K's pressure transducer is the way to go, but how does it
compensate for different fuel weights ? The Avelec would have been fine if
it had been designed properly, i.e. with front controls where I can dial in
the fuel quantity (read off the sight gauge) and/or a simple switch telling
it when the tank is full. The software could then figure out all
intermediate readings, and it would work for any type of fuel mix.
Perhaps the best way in my case is to install a fuel flow meter. Again, I am
assuming that those gadgets can be reset with fuel quantity in the tank
every time you refuel.

Karl