Re: Europa-List: RE: radios

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RE: radios
From: ivor.phillips <ivor.phillips@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 15:19:07

 I have one and will use it as a back up Emergency Radio :-) Only
 Or until EASA allows its use Europe wide, But don't hold your breath!! Even
though it is certified in Finland.
I will also have a certified Garmin SL30 as my main radio, So for all intent
and purposes the Xcom will only be used outside the UK, Or if a situation
occurs were it needs to be used as a backup!

> Anyone care to own up to being one of the 60 or to report their
> experiences
> in places where the use of this radio isn't deemed to be a Danger to All
> Aviation?

Ivor Phillips
XS486