Europa-List: RE: radios

Subject: Europa-List: RE: radios
From: Bill and Sue <billandsue@billbell.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 14:35:49

Paul,

I was interested in the XCOM which seemed to be ideal for our purposes and
reportedly rather better than the Microair. I wrote to Michael Coates at
XCOM who replied thus:

------

Hello Bill, the UK is a funny market where they don't accept US
certification, we currently know of about 60 being used in the UK but they
don't have approval.....   We have no plans of certification in the UK
because of the cost, sorry.....

-----

I can imagine why people may be tempted to have a handheld as their
'official' radio and fit the XCOM for the intercom and to use a receiver
only- not something I would contemplate of course!

Anyone care to own up to being one of the 60 or to report their experiences
in places where the use of this radio isn't deemed to be a Danger to All
Aviation?

regards

Bill