Re: Europa-List: ELT Mounting

Subject: Re: Europa-List: ELT Mounting
From: John & Paddy Wigney <johnwigney@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:18:32

Hi Jeff,

I have a Bob Archer ELT antenna mounted behind the bulkhead on the
horizontal split line on the passenger side. It works well. However, on
about 3 occasions in 450 hours I have had ATC controllers advise that
they have lost the transponder signal. I assume this was caused by
temporary line of sight shielding to their receiver by some aircraft
component. The correct signal has always returned after some time.

If I had to do it again, I would probably install a 'cocktail stirrer'
ELT antenna on the belly.

Cheers, John

N262WF, mono XS, 912S
Mooresville, North Carolina

<<<<<<<<
From: JEFF ROBERTS <jeff@rmmm.net>
Thanks to all that responded to my ELT question. Behind the starboard seat it
is.
Now can you tell me where you all mounted the antenna? I should have put this
one in the first question.
Thanks!! Jeff A258 N128LJ/Gold Rush