RE: Europa-List: fat wires

Subject: RE: Europa-List: fat wires
From: nigel charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 14:47:22

The Rotax starter arrangement is not the same as a car starter. Instead
of engaging gears the gears are already engaged and the drive is through
a sprag clutch. If the starter does not receive enough current it will
not provide enough speed to throw the clutch into engagement. To find
out whether the problem is downstream of the starter solenoid you could
temporarily bypass the solenoid and use the battery master as a
temporary starter switch. This needs to be done with care. Make sure the
ignition is OFF!!

Nigel Charles