Re: Europa-List: Arplast Prop.PV50

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Arplast Prop.PV50
From: BEBERRY@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 17:26:40

Hi all... having spent an inordinate amount of time fitting  the Arplast prop
( which I am still convinced is a neat job) I do  believe that the
instructions for mounting and fitting the potentiometer  and associated locating
rod are
horribly inadequate.(only a matter of  perhaps 1/8th inch each way),

Adjusting the length of the rod to the potentionmeter is almost  impossible
as it has to be done with the unit fitted to the engine  top casing. In this
position it is impossible to  move the plastic arm on the potentiometer spindle,

- despite what the  instructions say.

 After many hours of trial and error,(mostly error), I arrived  at the
obvious solution of making the mounting of the potentiometer have  slotted holes
so
that the fixing bolts can be moved until the cockpit  readout is correct.
Lord know how others have done this potentially  simple but excrutiatingly hit

and miss task and wasted hours if not days  (in my case) attempting to do the
virtually impossible.

Maybe my method will be a help to others or perhaps some one has  found a
simpler method.

My pot etc is fitted aft of the vacuum pump and these is little or no  room
to work in.  Without the pump the method as VERY sketchily  described in the
notes may be possible.  I do not believe that this  is the case with the vacuum

pump fitted.

Does anyone with a similar setup have any better ideas?

Patrick