Europa-List: Arplast Prop.PV50

Subject: Europa-List: Arplast Prop.PV50
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 10:01:32

Michael- I have just fitted a PV50 to a 914 and I think there is  very
little difference.  The control unit fits onto the two bolt  holes on top of the

engine block and I found it necessary to raise the  coolant filler and extend
one of the hoses.  I then made a protective  aluminium shield to bolt over the

top of the controller so that the  coolant filler sits on this. It has a rubber

pad on the lower side,  presumably for this very purpose.

When I next go to my aircraft I will take a photo to send to  you.

Good luck Patrick

Michael , Patrick and all

Raising the coolant filler, (swirl pot) on a Classic is a good thing anyway, it
helps to get the filler to the highest point so that automatic bleed out of
entrained
air can happen. Otherwise the air can collect at the top of one of the
radiators. This was the reason for Nev's famous bleeding hole.

I can recommend thoroughly Mark Burton's products. If you can get hold of Alain
Petit, the owner of Arplast, he is a good man too, he does speak English but
is not too confident with it. IMHO his prop blade design is the best, robust,
efficient and not as harsh on the engine as solid carbon ones. A pity he didn't
supply blades to Airmaster, that would be an excellent combination.

btw Always get a second opinion, I am not always right  ;-)

Graham