RE: Europa-List: Let talk about Fuselage Gaps! <Flame Extinguisher>

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Let talk about Fuselage Gaps! <Flame Extinguisher>
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:40:15

This is typical in this area, mine was  like that also, as well as others.
To make myself feel better about it I made some layups on the inside of the
fuselage in this area.  I believe it was 3 plys of bid.  I was using
heavier stuff than that originally supplied by Europa.  My size for the
layup was limited by what I could get in through the access hole in the
back and still do a good  job.  One and a half to 2 inches on either side
of the bond line should be good.  Make sure the surface is sanded and
abraided real well before laying up the mat.  My "gap" was larger than that
in places.

Steve

Steve Hagar
hagargs@earthlink.net