Europa-List: Hold downs

Subject: Europa-List: Hold downs
From: BEBERRY@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 10:23:26

I am concerned that my fairly recently acquired Tri Gear 914  has is no
parking brake and no hold down points. This is fine when I  am flying from home
and
hangaring every time but when touring I need some  security.  I am just
fitting a speed kit and wonder if it is  permissible to extend a bolt under each

wing where the flap struts are  drilled, to make a hold down point on each side.

I do not think that wing hold down points can be retrofitted so any  advice
would be appreciated.

Patrick.