RE: Europa-List:

Subject: RE: Europa-List:
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 09:25:33

Graham,

Can you expand a bit on 'expanding pins' Not being an engineer I can't
visualise what these are or how they work.

Richard.

You can't use taper pins, they will distort the tube and that will cause

friction in the bearings.
Only alternative I can think of is expandinhg pins. You will have to
make
your own. I made a set from the soft 1/4"stainless the factory use,
taper
hole in the ends and taper bushes to expand the tube by tightening AN3
bolts.Worked beautifully. Don't think PFA have approved this soloution
but
I did write to Francis years ago.
Graham