RE: Europa-List: Taper Pins in Tailplane Torque tube

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Taper Pins in Tailplane Torque tube
From: Jeremy Davey <EuropaFlyer3@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 10:02:27

Richard,

You might also want to have a chat with Nigel Graham about his solution on
the torque-tube. He has some rings ready to redux into the TT at the
appropriate point to reinforce it against crushing - and as a result can
simply use AN3 bolts to join the two parts.

Very simple, very neat, and I'm sure very effective.

Regards,
Jeremy

Jeremy Davey
Europa Monowheel 537M G-EZZA
Europa Club Vice-Chairman, Webmaster, PFA NC Representative
PFA EC Member
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then it is
possible you haven't grasped the severity of the situation.
Tail done
Standard XS wings with mods underway
CM installed in fuse (with airbrakes fittings)
1400 build hours to date
Intended fit:
Rotax 914 turbo, Airmaster CS fully-feathering prop
Lots of lights, buttons, switches, gizmos, and alarms