RE: Europa-List: Taper Pins in Tailplane Torque tube

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Taper Pins in Tailplane Torque tube
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 07:59:57

Graeme,

I am going to have to replace the pins in my torque tube before long.
The factory will supply oversize pins and Bob Harrison has an approved
mod which clamps the TP12 and TP9 to the tube.  I haven't come across
any taper pins as an alternative but, if this is an option I would be
grateful if you would let me have any info you find out.

Richard Iddon G-RIXS

Hi,

I have heard that a number of builders have substituted taper pins in
place of the straight pins attaching TP09, TP12 etc to the tailplane
torque tube. Does anyone have an approved PFA mod number for this?

Thanks,
Graeme Smith