RE: Europa-List: Exhaust Stain Remover

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Exhaust Stain Remover
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 15:49:54

I suffer from these 'nicotine' stains all the time.  As advised by
Neville, I find they are relatively easily removed with unleaded petrol
(gasoline for you US types). If you polish the area with a good quality
auto polish such as Auto-Glym, it makes the stains easier to remove.

Richard Iddon G-RIXS

<willie.harrison@tinyonline.co.uk>

How extensively does anyone else's aircraft get stained by exhaust? Mine
picks up a pale beige streak going almost to the trailing edge of the
wing, including a covering of the inboard flap hinge cover.