Re: Europa-List: Fuel valve, Jamarperformance brake cylinder, silicon

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel valve, Jamarperformance brake cylinder, silicon
From: Jac van Heeswijk <jac.vanheeswijk@hetnet.nl>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:15:59

----- Original Message -----
From: "gleinberger" <gleinberger@millersville.edu>
Subject: Europa-List: Fuel valve, Jamarperformance brake cylinder, silicon fluid
-

> I would like to use an Andair FS20X2 gas valve with a 914 Rotex - do I need
> the
valve version with the return lines? It appears you do not need a valve on
the return line - just a straight shot to the reserve tank. I'm not sure since
I have a 912S engine. Anyway with the 912S a return line is NOT used from the
gascolator. It runs directly from the carbs back to the tank, with a restrictor
in it.

> On the Jamarperformance brake cylinders (the one supplied by the factory for
the finger brakes) do I need two brake reservoirs? There is just one connection
for the reservoir (the middle one).

> Brake fluid - where do I get silicon brake fluid? I assume this is the way to
go with the Jamar/Matco parking brake/factory trigear brakes. Any ideas on the
type of brake lines to use? Are race car quality worth the extra expense? Be
careful, use only DOT 5 and NOT NOT NOT DOT 5.1 This is very confusing. Here
in the Netherlands it was a hard job to get two small bottles of it, but I
finally
succeeded at a Harley Davidson supply company.