Re: Europa-List: engines

Subject: Re: Europa-List: engines
From: Fred Fillinger <n3eu@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 09:13:21

> Pulsar, Rand KR-2, Sonex, Esqual, Dragonfly and others
> of similar design and performance. Speeds between 45 kts
> and 160 kts (cruise).

Most of these planes are lighter than a Europa.  Pulsar says
the 914 will go faster than the Jabiru 3300, by 18 mph.
Esqual does not claim 160k cruise.  In fact, their web site
says that for the new FAA rules on light sport aircraft re
120k, well that's cruise speed exactly.  The LSA rules say
top speed, so they don't understand simple rules.  Sonex
doesn't claim 160k cruise.  Sales brochure speeds are always
overstated anyway.  I think there's a kitplane exception in
our mail and wire fraud statutes.  :-)

Reg,
Fred F.