Europa-List: First Flight - The Big Day!

Subject: Europa-List: First Flight - The Big Day!
From: N55XS <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:36:03

Well ladies and gents the big day has finally come.  N55XS received all
today.  My test pilot was a retired Air Force Col. with thousands of
hours in hundreds of test birds.  Everything went off, without a hitch,
save a malfunctioning ASI.  Since the wind was calm, all day, John flew,
anyway, using the GPS.  His comments went something like " I think I
need to trade you for my Cessna".  No thanks, John, but thanks for the
offer.  Two flights, today, for a total of 1 hour.  The bird has no bad
habits and no need for any roll or yaw trim.  My comments and a few
pictures can be seen at the build site http://www.n55xs.com

After the bugs in the ASI are worked out, I'll be taking "Baby Blue" to
the sky, myself.  Thanks go out to John for his test flight, my wife,
Mary, for her help and understanding and to this list, without whom,
this project would have much tougher...

--
Jeff - N55XS
Finally in the sky, with the Europa Grin...