RE: Europa-List: Evans coolant makeup?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Evans coolant makeup?
From: Dean Seitz <daseitz@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 22:35:05

I just replaced my coolant with the Evans NPG+ coolant. It isn't Ethylene
Glycol based. I can't remember the kind of glycol it is but it starts with
poly(something) glycol. It is on their website but it is down for 48 hrs.
Mine was running at 250 deg. while climbing and would boil the water on a
climb. After changing to evans the temp did not change, still 250 deg on
climb and cruise at 220 deg. But now there is no boiling. This is in Florida
and it is in the high 90's right now.

Dean Seitz
Kit A284
N284A
7.1 Hrs. and had the first flight today with no problems at all finally!!!