RE: Europa-List: Rotax 912S Starting Problems

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Rotax 912S Starting Problems
From: David DeFord <davedeford@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 18:58:58

> <<I felt that at the very
> least the HD starter should have been provided at a
> sensible rate,>>
>
> It was offered at half price last year. By Lockwood!
> I raised this with the UK agent at the time, who's response
> was that they
> must have found a cheap automotive equivalent to be able to do this.
>
> Duncan Mcf

We bought the HD starter from Lockwood a few weeks ago, and they gave us a
credit of just over $100 for returning the old (non-HD) starter to them, for
a net cost of $200.  The unit they shipped is stamped with the Rotax part
number and a serial number.  I have never gotten anything but genuine Rotax
parts from Lockwood, so I assume that this is the real thing also.

Dave DeFord
N135TD