Fwd: Re: Europa-List: TAS Calculations

Subject: Fwd: Re: Europa-List: TAS Calculations
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 22:53:55

Following forwarded from Dave Bosomworth:

>Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 14:25:02 -0400
>From: DaveBuzz@aol.com
>To: rowil@clara.net (Rowland Carson), paul.mcallister@qia.net
>Subject: Re: Europa-List: TAS Calculations
>
>Hello Paul, Rowland,
>   Sorry, I'm off the email list due to holidays and courses - got to
>manage the email somehow! Rowland, thanks for forwarding Paul's
>query.
>   Paul, The spreadsheet maybe doesn't make it clear, but the temp
>needs to be in Celsius. At first glance I suspect that +16 is
>Farenheit? If so, then changing it to approx -8C (v. rough
>calculation!) gives:
>TAS  170Kt
>DA   9670ft
>Which would fit in with your figures.
>   What I would really like to know is what your indicated airspeed
>was showing.
>
>   Please let me know if this fixes the problem.
>Many thanks,
>dave

Apologies - although it doesn't affect the spreadsheet I first quoted
(which doesn't attempt to relate TAS & IAS) in my previous posting, I
completely forgot that the former colonies are still using the old
imperial units of temperature - I guess the sun has not yet set on
the british empire ....

regards

Rowland