Re: Europa-List: Tie-Down

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tie-Down
From: Garry <garrys@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:23:30

The tie down procedure I use on my trigear is one rope thru the eye bolt in
the tail, and then two screw anchors about two feet in front of the wings,
spaced about ten feet apart.  I then run a 1/4" rope from one screw anchor
up and over the space between the prop spinner and the cowling, and then
down to the other screw anchor.  This holds the front of the plane in place.
Ideally, I should have built retractable tiedown hooks into the wings, but
this procedure works as well as anything else I could come up with.

Garry Stout
A060, N4220S  trigear 914 CS