RE: Europa-List: Tie-Down

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Tie-Down
From: Terry Seaver terrys <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:09:36

We used the bolt holding on the outboard flap fairing.  We increased the
bolt size to the next size up and left it longer by about 1/2 inch,
allowing excess thread showing outside the nut.  Screw-on rings were
purchased from McMaster-Carr, providing a suitable location for tie down
ropes.  Although our plane is a Monowheel with outriggers, I believe the
tri-gear still has the beefed up hinge mount at the outboard flap hinge,
which makes a pretty solid place for tie downs.

Regards,
Terry Seaver
A135