FW: Europa-List: Noise Statement wanted

Subject: FW: Europa-List: Noise Statement wanted
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:31:43

Hi! Sven
I have an MT Propellers produced Noise Cert produced as a result of
thorough tests taken by them on my Jabiru 3300 powered Europa Trike with
their 3 blade CS Propeller. The German Inspector I submitted to at
Munchen Osnabrook only accepted it "under protest " since he said it
should be produced or validated by the British CAA being a UK
registration.   I only this morning contacted a Junior rank woman in the
CAA who started off by saying it would probably require a UK conducted
test  for the CAA to provide the validation.! This stinks of "jobs for
the boys " culture and I feel you should establish just what the Dutch
CAA will accept prior to getting in any deeper !
I will be making lots of loud noises if having flown to Straubing and
spent three days getting the necessary tests done, having a German
Certificate made by a German Manufacturer  only to find it is bloody
worthless here in the UK or for that matter anywhere else !!!??
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG Europa MKI/Jabiru 3300