Europa-List: tailwheel deflection

Subject: Europa-List: tailwheel deflection
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:05:17

From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 17 Msgs - 06/11/05

Graham,

I noticed the limiting being done by the tailwheel horn, so I temporarily
removed it to check "full" deflection. I figure to exceed the called for
deflection and then use the filing of the tailwheel horn bring it in to spec.
But
I'm still working on the "full" deflection so far.

Mike
you should use the bellcrank stops to limit rudder travel, otherwise you are
putting
extra loads on the hinge, flanges and rudder. Cable loads can be very high
because of the leverage.
Graham