Europa-List: Re: Your 914 Rectifier problem

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Your 914 Rectifier problem
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:51:07

Mark, That is very helpful. What you describe with your voltmeter fits in
exactly with my ammeter findings. I will replace the regulator and expect to
cure the problem. In our situation we could measure the drain on the
battery, and having turned off everything except the radio and the fuel pump
this amounted to 3 amps with a topped up 16 amp/hours battery I reckoned
this gave us 5 hrs flying probably and certainly at least enough time to
complete a 20 min sea crossing. I am copying this to the list as I suspect
we won't be the last to have such a problem.
Regards, David