Re: Europa-List: exhaust springs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: exhaust springs
From: Stephan Cassel <cassel@sensewave.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 12:52:27

Hi Paul

"they tell me that the springs should be fitted with
the pipe off the cylinder head , and then lever the pipe in to place"

This approach is the only way I could get it on. But a very good
approach I found out. No gouge marks can be found.
If your is tighter then mine, a thin layer of Loctite Anti Seize may do
the trick.

Regards

Stephan

> <paul@theatkinsons.demon.co.uk>
>

> hi all , ive got the usual rotax 912S with the standard supplied stainless
> exhaust
> a spring puller and even using that tool with the springs fully compressed
> they
> are about 1/4" ( 5mm ) too short to reach over the tangs. europa refered
> me
> to the manufacturer - they tell me that the springs should be fitted with
> the
> pipe off the cylinder head , and then lever the pipe in to place - it
> sounds like
> a potch . has any one  any light to throw on this as leavering a pipe with
> 2 springs on it against alloy sounds like a nice set of gouge marks at the
> end
>

> Seve
>
> Well I did what Rotax suggest, although I did not know that at the time.
> It worked a treat.
> There should be some anti-sieze lubricant in each of the sockets that the
> pipes fit into. If there isn't, get hold of some Copper-slip or similar,
> it is often sold to stop disc brake noise.
>
> Regards
>
> Paul

This mail was sent through Freewave AS Webmail
http://www.freewave.no/