Europa-List: exhaust springs

Subject: Europa-List: exhaust springs
From: paul atkinson <paul@theatkinsons.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 09:36:20

hi all , ive got the usual rotax 912S with the standard supplied stainless
exhaust
a spring puller and even using that tool with the springs fully compressed
they
are about 1/4" ( 5mm ) too short to reach over the tangs. europa refered me
to the manufacturer - they tell me that the springs should be fitted with
the
pipe off the cylinder head , and then lever the pipe in to place - it
sounds like
a potch . has any one  any light to throw on this as leavering a pipe with
2 springs on it against alloy sounds like a nice set of gouge marks at the
end

Seve

Well I did what Rotax suggest, although I did not know that at the time.
It worked a treat.
There should be some anti-sieze lubricant in each of the sockets that the
pipes fit into. If there isn't, get hold of some Copper-slip or similar,
it is often sold to stop disc brake noise.

Regards

Paul