Europa-List: PFA feedback

Subject: Europa-List: PFA feedback
From: paul atkinson <paul@theatkinsons.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 09:40:08

Peter

Here is my effort.

Regards

Paul

Dear Graham,

I would like to increase your list by one.
I find that your response below is unsatifactory, if not insulting. The
PFA is about its members, and their opinions matter. The magazine is
incidental to the argument. There are no doubt many good photographers out
there who could, and do, contribute to it. I do not believe anyone would
miss Wilson's contribution (if that's what it is)nor do I believe the
magazine would suffer without it.
This industry is populated almost entirely by honest and trustworthy
people, and I for one would like to keep it that way. The PFA as our
representative body should be taking a lead in this and doing everything
in its power to exclude the likes of Wilson from it.
Please take note.

Regards

Paul Atkinson

Roger
Firstly may I say that the " list " is 2 people.

I must commiserate with anybody who lost money or goods through the
collapse
of Europa, and may I say that apart from the not inconsiderable time we,
the
PFA, spent discussing the airworthiness issues with the CAA and the
processes we put in place before Europa was rejuvinated, we also lost some
$B!r(B1000 in advertising revenue that was unpaid.

Having said all this, the collapse of Europa was a commercial business
issue. Keith Wilson has for many years supplied excellent photographs for
the magazine, and all at no cost to the Association. In fact Popular Flying
would have been a much worse publication over the years without Keiths
input.

I hope this satisfies your request.

Best regards

Graham Newby