Re: Europa-List: Funny fuel gauge

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Funny fuel gauge
From: Peter Rees <peter.rees05@ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 10:34:31
--> Europa-List message posted by: "Peter Rees" <peter.rees05@ntlworld.com>

Thats exactly the problem we had. Problem is that the gauge was calibrated
for Avgas - when we changed to Mogas, the gauge said that the tank was
always 3/4 full.

If we had it re-calibrated for Mogas, when out touring, we would have to put
Avgas in and hence, have no reliable fuel indication.

I think that if this type of gauge is fitted, the AC should be placarded to
warn the pilot that the reading on the gauge may be wildly in accurate.

The Europa float gauge is already corrected for non linearity due to the
tank shape (by the position of the reed switches) and seems to work a treat.