FW: Europa-List: Electric trim problems.

Subject: FW: Europa-List: Electric trim problems.
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 00:12:28

Hi! Paul /all
AS I said in my post below I tried to fault my trim switches/motor for
about an hour to no avail. Took the a/c to do it's annual fight tests
today everything fine during take off and all preliminary checks when I
repeatedly operated the trim to full travel both directions and trying
to operate both panel and stick top switches to confuse it but it worked
totally satisfactorily.
Later did all the stall tests and VNE dive etc. but on my return from
getting to 30 miles nautical away from RAF Conningsby out over the
sea(there was abnormal military activity from both there and Waddington
to go any other direction) for the radio check I noticed the trim to be
slightly nose up (I guess due to fuel having been used ) hey presto! the
trim would not return to trim nose down yet again. For the next 15
minutes I kept the nose down trim button on the stick top pressed and it
came back to life and once again worked faultlessly during landing
de-rigging and stowage in the trailer.
I will have to try the light across the motor connections as has been
suggested but can any electronics wizards please advise if there is any
possibility that the relay deck may be causing this intermittent
problem?
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG EuropaMKI/Jabiru 3300