Re: Europa-List: Before Installing Cockpit Module

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Before Installing Cockpit Module
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:10:55

Dave,
Look at my photos on Steve Dunsmuirs site. Also, whatever you do, I
recommend hardly any flox in your mix. Anything on the bottom of the boat
will not need much and you have big flange areas you need to bed down in
the stuff. I did it with one other person, not enough. You need at least 2
helpers I reckon, maybe 3 if you can. Be prepared to spatula it in under
the flanges, and don't listen to anyone who talks about the amount of redux
they use. Perfectionists who seem to "get it right first time every time".
If you are a mere mortal, ignore these people, use "plenty of redux", and
lose a kg, or go to the toilet before flying :-)
I can offer up a lot more but my photos are pretty thorough in this area I
think.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia