Europa-List: Wiring Intercom/VHF Comm.

Subject: Europa-List: Wiring Intercom/VHF Comm.
From: ownereuropalistserver@matronics.com
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:46:47

Hi all.

I have ended up in a corner in my futile attempt to connect my PM1000 Intercom
to the radio/aircraft systems. The wiring diagram for the Intercom is clear
enough,
but the diagram for my ICOM -A200 is at a loss to describe "Phone Hi" or
"Phone Lo" - or "Mic Audio Lo"/"Mic Audio Hi" on the Molex connector. For
example,
Pin # 17 on the PM1000 should be connected to "AUX Headphone Jack" and branched
to "Aircraft Radio Phone Hi" - while pin # 4 should go to the same jack
and branched to " Aircraft Radio Phone Lo".

During my search I contacted Icom's technical support, but to no
avail, they were not able to answer my queeries. Thus my humble question to the
knowledgeable among you: Which pins on the ICOM Molex Connector should be used
for these wires?

Cheers,
Hans. #334 in Norway. hansjd@online.no