Re: Europa-List: Aircraft Winching

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Aircraft Winching
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 10:30:59

Steve, I use a hand winch to get my mono in its covered trailer and find it
entirely satisfactory. The actual amount of effort involved in winding it up
the ramp is so little that I wouldn't personally consider a motorised
version. The winch strap has a hook on the end of it and I simply hook this
on to the two looped ends of a circular strop placed round the tailwheel
spring and leading back over the solid metal bit which limits rotation of
the tail wheel fork unit. The winch is fixed to the frame in front of the
front wall of the enclosed part of the trailer and the strap gets into the
trailer thru a small flap. There is a small door in the front wall of the
trailer, and opening this allows you to see what you are up to while
winching it in. Regards David Joyce, G-XSDJ